Pros and Cons of 2021 Best satechi usb c hub for Macbook
This is a simple selection of 8 satechi usb c hub suitable for professional use. For each you will find a link to purchase directly on Amazon at the best price.
Updated with new models even more professional and performing in “critical” situations.
The best choice if you need more than just a USB hub:
One cable: Connect everything to your MacBook or Ultrabook at once
We are not on a “simple” USB Hub here, but this (dear) Elgato Thunderbolt Pro Dock is worth mentioning. My choice after buying a MacBook Pro to connect my beloved Dell 3 monitors.
(I use two monitors connected to the Elgato dock and the third directly to the MacBook Pro with a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable)
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports: Expanded Thunderbolt versatility, including 5K displays
- Dual Monitors: Up to 4K with regular frame rate at 60Hz via DisplayPort and Thunderbolt ports
- Two dedicated USB-C ports: plug in your SSD, Apple’s SuperDrive, and more
- Two Front USB 3.0 Ports: Access everyday devices, such as USB sticks
- Headphone output (doubles as a sound card)
- Self-charging via USB: Charges devices when the computer is not connected
- SD and Micro SD card slot: Enjoy blazing fast UHS-II transfer speeds
satechi usb c hub multi-port adapter with Ethernet V2, Silver
Satechi usb c hub is available in two colors; this hub is super cool because it takes advantage of the features of USB-C
It offers you all these ports:
- 4K HDMI
- USB-C charging port
- SD / Micro card reader
- 3 USB 3.0 ports
Portable model that easily goes in the laptop bag, backpack, briefcase so that you always have the adapter with you.
- Compatible devices: 2016/2017/2018 MacBook Pro 13 “and 15” models, 2015/2016/2017 MacBook 12 “. Not compatible with Apple SuperDrive. The HDMI port requires a direct HDMI-HDMI connection
- Connector Type: Type-C, Thunderbolt 3 compatible.
- Includes 4K HDMI, Ethernet, USB-C charging port, SD / Micro card reader and 3 USB 3.0 ports
- Portable model that easily goes in the laptop bag, backpack, briefcase so that you always have the adapter with you.
Satechi usb c hub station with 11 USB-C ports
This is a little more than a simple satechi usb c hub: it is a Docking station, perfect for MacBook (and notebook in general) which contributes to the ergonomics of the laptop (you place it on top) by raising it slightly. It connects to USB-C and gives you a myriad of ports. Moreover, you can also leave connected to your devices to connect your laptop in a snap
Perfect for MacBook Docking station with 11 USB-C ports, 4K HDMI, Mini DisplayPort, VGA, LAN, PowerDelivery, 3 USB 3.0, SD and microSD card reader, audio, and aluminum
- High quality aluminum USB-C universal adapter with USB 3.0 Type-C connection for Windows Notebook and Tablet, MacBook and MacBook Pro or Pixelbook
- Connections for monitors or televisions – HDMI and Mini DisplayPort with 4K Ultra HD up to 3840 × 2160 pixels (30 Hz) and VGA with Full HD
- For two additional monitors in Full HD – HDMI + Mini DP or Mini DP + VGA or one additional monitor in Ultra HD
- USB hub with 3 USB 3.0 sockets for keyboard, mouse or USB sticks and 1 USB-C port for charging your notebook or tablet via Power Delivery up to 60 Watts.
- Gigabit LAN (RJ45) for quick network access, USB 3.0 card reader for SD and micro SD memory cards and 3.5mm audio jack port for headphones, speakers or microphone.
Satechi usb c hub USB 3.0 Ports
6 in 1 USB C Hub
- 6-in-1 USB C Hub: Connect your modern and older peripherals to your computer with USB C port for display expansion, data transfer, and charging
- HDMI output for video resolution up to 4K @ 30Hz
- High Speed
Transmission: Four USB 3.0 ports support data transfer at a maximum speed of 5Gbps
- Convenient to Use: Keep charging USB C computer or phone and supports data transfer at 480Mbps speed
This is good news, or at least it is for me. Satechi usb c hub is quite intelligent and combines two comfortable and useful products for anyone: a USB 3.0 hub with 4 ports plus a “quick charge ” and a power strip with 5 sockets.
It does not reach the quality level of the models presented below (you can also see it in the photo) but it represents an attractive solution for those who have little space and need both
Why we use hyperdrive usb c hub?
Since HyperDrive was designed to be flush with the rest of the iPad Pro, the aluminum case comes in space gray or silver to perfectly match your iPad Pro. Although it was designed specifically for the iPad Pro, HyperDrive is still it can work with your MacBook and other USB-C devices too, so it is universally compatible.
- Provides nine ports
- Optional handles and cables for working with boxes
- Crystal-clear video via HDMI
- Compatible with other devices
- IPad needs to be in landscape orientation
- Need occasional firmware updates for the hub itself
HyperDrive satechi usb c hub for iPad Pro
As if it were designed by Apple
The HyperDrive hub adapter comes in aluminum made to match your iPad Pro, offers six ports and is pass-through.
Best for Simplicity: Satechi Type-C Mobile Pro Hub
If you want something simple that lets you connect your iPad to display video on a monitor, this Pro hub adapter from Satechi does the job and more.
This simple little adapter plugs directly into the USB-C port on your iPad Pro like HyperDrive, but is slightly smaller and has only four ports: PD USB-C charging, 4K HDMI, USB 3.0 and 3.5 audio jack mm. If you don’t need to transfer photos or videos from an SD card, this hub is all you need and the price is very good.
Why use satechi usb c hub?
The satechi usb c hub is designed for the iPad Pro with USB-C. It is also made of aluminum and comes in colors that match the finish of your iPad Pro, so it looks perfect. Of course, this hub will also work with other USB-C devices, if necessary.
- Small and compact with perfect finishes
- Offers four additional ports
- Affordable price
- Includes USB-C Power Delivery charging
- Highly compatible with other USB-C devices
- No SD or microSD card slot
HyperDrive satechi usb c hub also has optional grips and extension cables for this adapter to enable use with iPad Pros with screen protectors, cases and other USB-C devices.